This building was built circa 1925 specifically as a YMCA. The YMCA built in the land formerly home of the Harmon House.
In the 1960’s the YMCA demolished the former Packard Mansion for its expansion.
The YMCA building sits next to the Elk’s Club (former Packard Mansion) in this image looking down Mahoning Ave. This photo depicts a military parade in the early 1960s, before the Packard Mansion is demoed by the YMCA.