Researcher – Rick Fleischer
337 Dana St.
Was founded by N.A. Wolcott and W. F. Parker in 1928. This has formerly been a part of the Packard Electric Co. since 1890. Evidently, this business was spun off by the Packard Electric Co. in 1928.
The plant made transformers and industrial sized transformers. President, W. F. Parker had been the plant manager for the Packards. In 1919 there were 50 employees. In 1950 the plant was represented by the IUE. In 1957 Standard Transformer Co. Was sold to American Gauge & Machine Co. of Chicago. The plant employed 130 people on Feb 2, 1978.
The plant was shut down on 2-2-80.