Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Railroad freight car roofs like this one were made by the Chicago Cleveland Car Roof Co. in Warren, Oh. The building on Thomas Road in Warren had changed hands a few times. Being a Packard Electric motor…
Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Aetna Machine Works was founded in 1880 by Frank I. Freeman as a reorganization of the Douglas Machine Works and employed 18 hands in 1882. They made sawmills, pumps and 10 to 125 H. P. vertical & horizontal steam engines…
Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Est. Circa 1918 Located originally at Paige Ave. and Griswold St. Eventually moved to Larchmont Ave. NE. When owner J.W. Brainard retired this company was sold to a private firm headed by E. T. Sproul, who had formerly been…
Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Est. 1918 - Pheonix Rd. - moved to Dietz Rd. This company was founded by J.C. Masternach and some investors from Cleveland. It opened with a workforce of 30 people and eventually grew to 700 employees. The original product…
Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer The Trumbull Cliffs blast furnace of the Trumbull Cliffs Iron Co. was built in 1921 by some investors from Cleveland. For ninety six years this structure was a prominent feature of the Warren skyline. The entire production of iron was…
Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Part 1, The Good Years Copperweld began as a small business at Rankin, Pa. with about 23 employees in 1915. The Plant moved to Glassport, Pa. in 1927 and began to expand. The company process unites a thick jacket of…
Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Trumbull Steel Co. (Republic Steel, LTV Steel, WCI Steel, Severstal Steel, RG Steel) est. 1912 - Located on S. Pine Ave. Jonathan Warner was the first president. Plant to employ 1100. This mill was very modern when built, the main…
Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Located at 1011 High St. N.E. Warren, Oh. Founded in the early 1930's by Walter E. Hull Although a small company with a total of 27 employees, Hull Manufacturing Co. is one of six manufacturers of compasses in the United…
Researcher - Rick Fleischer 337 Dana St. Was founded by N.A. Wolcott and W. F. Parker in 1928. This has formerly been a part of the Packard Electric Co. since 1890. Evidently, this business was spun off by the Packard Electric Co. in 1928. …
Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Packard & Barnum Iron Co. – est. about 1865 – This bar mill was located in the southeast corner of South St. and Liberty St. (Pine Ave.) The plant was owned by Warren Packard and Mr. Barnum. By 1870…
Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Liberty Steel Co. est. May 6, 1918 – Located on Martin Luther King Blvd. (formerly Euclid Ave.) Was built as a tin mill, making tin sheet, a supplier of tin for the government in WWI, and for the Standard Oil…
Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Halladay Motor Car Co. Est. at Anderson, Ind. In 1902 – Moved to Warren, Oh. 1917 – located on Euclid Ave. (now Martin Luther King Blvd.) across from the Liberty Steel Co. The site is an empty field today…