Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
(330) 394-4653
303 MONROE ST, WARREN OH 44483
(330) 394-4653
303 MONROE ST, WARREN OH 44483

Atlantic and Great Western Railway, The

Submitted by Andrew Olson & Richard K. Fleischer The Atlantic and Great Western Railway (1865-1871)/Railroad (1871-1880) Company On March 10th 1851 Marvin Kent, a merchant from Franklin Mills OH (now Kent) chartered the Franklin and Warren Railroad to connect the two named local business communities.…

Read more

Heltzel Steel Company

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Warren - Est. 1916 by John Heltzel – Located on Thomas Rd. next to Berk Enterprises. Made steel forms for highway paving machines, concrete batching plants. John Heltzel came from Streator, Ill. in 1914, with a partner. They had…

Read more

Chicago Cleveland Car Roof Company

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Railroad freight car roofs like this one were made by the Chicago Cleveland Car Roof Co. in Warren, Oh. The building on Thomas Road in Warren had changed hands a few times. Being a Packard Electric motor…

Read more

Aetna Machine Works

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Aetna Machine Works was founded in 1880 by Frank I. Freeman as a reorganization of the Douglas Machine Works and employed 18 hands in 1882. They made sawmills, pumps and 10 to 125 H. P. vertical & horizontal steam engines…

Read more

Brainard Steel Co.

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Est. Circa 1918 Located originally at Paige Ave. and Griswold St. Eventually moved to Larchmont Ave. NE. When owner J.W. Brainard retired this company was sold to a private firm headed by E. T. Sproul, who had formerly been…

Read more

American Welding & Manufacturing Co.

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Est. 1918 - Pheonix Rd. - moved to Dietz Rd. This company was founded by J.C. Masternach and some investors from Cleveland. It opened with a workforce of 30 people and eventually grew to 700 employees. The original product…

Read more

Trumbull Cliffs Blast Furnace

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer The Trumbull Cliffs blast furnace of the Trumbull Cliffs Iron Co. was built in 1921 by some investors from Cleveland. For ninety six years this structure was a prominent feature of the Warren skyline. The entire production of iron was…

Read more

Copperweld Steel Company

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Part 1, The Good Years Copperweld began as a small business at Rankin, Pa. with about 23 employees in 1915. The Plant moved to Glassport, Pa. in 1927 and began to expand. The company process unites a thick jacket of…

Read more

Hull Manufacturing Company

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Located at 1011 High St. N.E. Warren, Oh. Founded in the early 1930's by Walter E. Hull Although a small company with a total of 27 employees, Hull Manufacturing Co. is one of six manufacturers of compasses in the United…

Read more

Standard Transformer Company

Researcher - Rick Fleischer  337 Dana St. Was founded by N.A. Wolcott and W. F. Parker in 1928. This has formerly been a part of the Packard Electric Co. since 1890. Evidently, this business was spun off by the Packard Electric Co. in 1928. …

Read more

Packard & Barnum Iron Co.

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Packard & Barnum Iron Co. – est. about 1865 – This bar mill was located in the southeast corner of South St. and Liberty St. (Pine Ave.)  The plant was owned by Warren Packard and Mr. Barnum. By 1870…

Read more