Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
(330) 394-4653
303 MONROE ST, WARREN OH 44483
(330) 394-4653
303 MONROE ST, WARREN OH 44483

Liberty Steel Co.

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Liberty Steel Co. est. May 6, 1918 – Located on Martin Luther King Blvd. (formerly Euclid Ave.) Was built as a tin mill, making tin sheet, a supplier of tin for the government in WWI, and for the Standard Oil…

Read more

Halladay Motor Car Company

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Halladay Motor Car Co. Est. at Anderson, Ind. In 1902 – Moved to Warren, Oh. 1917 – located on Euclid Ave. (now Martin Luther King Blvd.) across from the Liberty Steel Co. The site is an empty field today…

Read more

Thomas Steel Strip (Division of Tata Steel)

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer                                                                                                                  This company was founded in 1924 by Clinton Thomas in 1924, on the site previously occupied by the McMyler Mfg. Co. Mr. Thomas was a part of a family well known in the Niles,Oh. for being in the iron…

Read more

Van Huffel Tube Co.

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Van Huffel Tube Co. - est. 1910 –  Was originally located in Mishawaka, Indiana. Isadore Van Huffel was the president of the company. Company moved to Warren in 1924, occupying the old King Furniture buildings on Niles Rd. for…

Read more

Trumbull Manufacturing Co.

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer The Trumbull Manufacturing Co. est. 1850 – 333 S. Park Ave. (originally known  as the Warren Machine Works).  Had been several companies through the years, but we know it as Trumbull Mfg. Co. During the days of the P&O Canal,…

Read more

Mullins Manufacturing

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer The company started out as the Youngstown Pressed Steel Co. in 1917. By 1920 the plant employed 400 people and was a subsidiary of the Sharon Steel Corp. This company was known for its large presses and made metal stampings…

Read more

Waddell Park

Submitted by Thelma Snyder, Niles Historical Society In July 1929 Jacob D. Waddell presented the city with 52 acres of land for a municipal park located just outside the city limits between Park and Warren Avenues and on both sides of Lovers Lane. Plans to…

Read more

Luxaire Cushion Company

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer This building started out as the Akron Maderight Tire & Rubber Works in 1920. The name of the company was changed to the Trumbull Tire and Rubber Works. The company was out of business by 1921. The building was foreclosed…

Read more

Newton Steel Company

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer The Newton Steel Co. of Newton Falls, Oh. was not a basic steel mill. It was a rolling mill that rolled steel into sheets, mostly for the auto industry. Founded in 1919,  In 1922 six additional mills were installed for…

Read more

Pennsylvania & Ohio Canal, The (1827-1875)

Submitted by Andrew Olson Although, in 1823, the State of Ohio commissioned a survey for an eighty-three mile canal route from Akron OH to Mahoningtown (New Castle) PA that would open as the Pennsylvania and Ohio Canal (P&O) in 1840, concerns about funding a project…

Read more

Trumbull County Wooden Works Clock Makers

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer One of the very first manufacturing enterprises in Trumbull County was the manufacture of tall clocks. At one time or another there were about 13 manufacturers of these clocks in Trumbull County. Most of this manufacturing took place in…

Read more