Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
(330) 394-4653
303 MONROE ST, WARREN OH 44483
(330) 394-4653
303 MONROE ST, WARREN OH 44483

Packard & Barnum Iron Co.

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Packard & Barnum Iron Co. – est. about 1865 – This bar mill was located in the southeast corner of South St. and Liberty St. (Pine Ave.)  The plant was owned by Warren Packard and Mr. Barnum. By 1870…

Read more

Liberty Steel Co.

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Liberty Steel Co. est. May 6, 1918 – Located on Martin Luther King Blvd. (formerly Euclid Ave.) Was built as a tin mill, making tin sheet, a supplier of tin for the government in WWI, and for the Standard Oil…

Read more

Halladay Motor Car Company

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Halladay Motor Car Co. Est. at Anderson, Ind. In 1902 – Moved to Warren, Oh. 1917 – located on Euclid Ave. (now Martin Luther King Blvd.) across from the Liberty Steel Co. The site is an empty field today…

Read more

Thomas Steel Strip (Division of Tata Steel)

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer                                                                                                                  This company was founded in 1924 by Clinton Thomas in 1924, on the site previously occupied by the McMyler Mfg. Co. Mr. Thomas was a part of a family well known in the Niles,Oh. for being in the iron…

Read more

Van Huffel Tube Co.

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer Van Huffel Tube Co. - est. 1910 –  Was originally located in Mishawaka, Indiana. Isadore Van Huffel was the president of the company. Company moved to Warren in 1924, occupying the old King Furniture buildings on Niles Rd. for…

Read more

Trumbull Manufacturing Co.

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer The Trumbull Manufacturing Co. est. 1850 – 333 S. Park Ave. (originally known  as the Warren Machine Works).  Had been several companies through the years, but we know it as Trumbull Mfg. Co. During the days of the P&O Canal,…

Read more

Mullins Manufacturing

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer The company started out as the Youngstown Pressed Steel Co. in 1917. By 1920 the plant employed 400 people and was a subsidiary of the Sharon Steel Corp. This company was known for its large presses and made metal stampings…

Read more

Pennsylvania & Ohio Canal, The (1827-1875)

Submitted by Andrew Olson Although, in 1823, the State of Ohio commissioned a survey for an eighty-three mile canal route from Akron OH to Mahoningtown (New Castle) PA that would open as the Pennsylvania and Ohio Canal (P&O) in 1840, concerns about funding a project…

Read more

Trumbull County Wooden Works Clock Makers

Submitted by Richard K. Fleischer One of the very first manufacturing enterprises in Trumbull County was the manufacture of tall clocks. At one time or another there were about 13 manufacturers of these clocks in Trumbull County. Most of this manufacturing took place in…

Read more

Packard, William Doud

Submitted by Cindee Mines W.D. or Will as he was known to close friends and family, was the oldest of the Warren and Mary Packard children. He was born Nov. 3, 1961, 1 year after his parent’s marriage. He was extremely social, having many friends…

Read more

Packard, J.W. (1863-1928)

Submitted by Cindee Mines JW Packard was born two years after his older brother, W.D. Packard, on November 5, 1863. Ward, as he was known, was not the social, outgoing person his brother was. J.W. was introverted, shy and reserved, but very studious, always interested…

Read more